About Me

My photo
I long to see Christ formed in me and in those around me. Spiritual formation is my passion. My training was under Dallas Willard at the Renovare Spiritual Formation Institute. One of my regular prayers is this: "This day be within and without me, lowly and meek, yet all powerful. Be in the heart of each to whom I speak, and in the mouth of each who speaks unto me."

Other Interests

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hiding Things from Myself

There is a fine line between "Let your light shine before men" and "They do everything to be seen by men."  One is glory, the other hypocrisy.

The spiritual discipline of secrecy is not so much about hiding good deeds from other people, but hiding them from myself.  "Do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing."

No comments:

Post a Comment