About Me

My photo
I long to see Christ formed in me and in those around me. Spiritual formation is my passion. My training was under Dallas Willard at the Renovare Spiritual Formation Institute. One of my regular prayers is this: "This day be within and without me, lowly and meek, yet all powerful. Be in the heart of each to whom I speak, and in the mouth of each who speaks unto me."

Other Interests

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Joy in the Lord: Deep Satisfaction

What we all need is this:

Find deep satisfaction in Jesus -
  his words, his works, his ways,
  how he is with us.
I just want to say it again: Enjoy him!











Then allow that deep satisfaction
  to gentle your words and actions
  so they surprise everyone, even you!
And now you see the Lord Jesus,
  gentle and humble, is near
  and is your Teacher in all things.

So learn to hear his gentle teaching
  over your anxious, hurried thoughts and feelings
  by asking for his help with everything
  and gratefully knowing he will help you as he has before.

Then you will find you are not
  easily alarmed or offended
  but completely at ease at God's side
  with the sure defense of Jesus
    against all attacks on your heart and mind.

(Meditation on Philippians 4:4-7)

No comments:

Post a Comment