About Me

My photo
I long to see Christ formed in me and in those around me. Spiritual formation is my passion. My training was under Dallas Willard at the Renovare Spiritual Formation Institute. One of my regular prayers is this: "This day be within and without me, lowly and meek, yet all powerful. Be in the heart of each to whom I speak, and in the mouth of each who speaks unto me."

Other Interests

Sunday, April 9, 2023

Unexpected



Resurrection

is the answer

we weren’t expecting

when we called out

for relief.


New life

is not the hope

we looked for

when we wanted to rebuild

the old one.


Abundant life

is not getting our heart’s desire

but a new heart instead 

learning to desire

so much more.


This gift

may not be 

the expected one

but it is Jesus’s life

we are given

this day.





No comments:

Post a Comment