About Me

My photo
I long to see Christ formed in me and in those around me. Spiritual formation is my passion. My training was under Dallas Willard at the Renovare Spiritual Formation Institute. One of my regular prayers is this: "This day be within and without me, lowly and meek, yet all powerful. Be in the heart of each to whom I speak, and in the mouth of each who speaks unto me."

Other Interests

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Small Enough, Large Enough

The kingdom of God is small enough to be overlooked,
but large enough to fill my whole life.

The voice is quiet,
the seed is small,
but when planted,
it rules over all,
giving a place to stand
and a place to rest,
a place of comfort,
a place of trust.

The kingdom is small enough
to get lost in a crack,
easily looked over,
off the beaten track.

The kingdom is for planting,
going ever deep,
rooted in the will to good
of those who truly seek.

The kingdom grows larger still,
filling life in every crease,
overshadowing each moment
with love, joy, and peace.

captainkimo.com
The kingdom lifts its branches,
giving me a place to land,
a shadow of constant kindness
giving rest in its hands.

The kingdom calls
in parable and word
to be planted in the ear
and be ever heard.

Let this kingdom grow into my heart.
Let this Jesus come beside and explain
as alone I await his teaching words
about  a place to stand, a place to remain.

Your kingdom come.
Your kingdom stay.
Your kingdom grow
each and every day.

(On Mark 4:30-34, The Parable of the Mustard Seed)

No comments:

Post a Comment