About Me

My photo
I long to see Christ formed in me and in those around me. Spiritual formation is my passion. My training was under Dallas Willard at the Renovare Spiritual Formation Institute. One of my regular prayers is this: "This day be within and without me, lowly and meek, yet all powerful. Be in the heart of each to whom I speak, and in the mouth of each who speaks unto me."

Other Interests

Sunday, September 5, 2021

The Way Out

The snare has been broken,
  and we have escaped. 
-Psalm 124:7

Faith is reaching out
             to the hand
             that breaks the snare
             and sets us free
             to become
             who and what
             we were meant to be
             as individuals
             and as a people.
It begins with a trusted word
               of a distant place of hope
               and a means
               to travel there.
It is a quality more than a decision,
       a discovery more than a doctrine,
       a yearning with its careful calculation,
       and a road with its shining destination.
In the end, our faith is
          what we believe
          is the only way
          out
          of this mess.


What fault did your fathers find in me,
  that they strayed so far from me?
They followed worthless idols
  and became worthless themselves.
-Jeremiah 2:5
 

No comments:

Post a Comment