About Me

My photo
I long to see Christ formed in me and in those around me. Spiritual formation is my passion. My training was under Dallas Willard at the Renovare Spiritual Formation Institute. One of my regular prayers is this: "This day be within and without me, lowly and meek, yet all powerful. Be in the heart of each to whom I speak, and in the mouth of each who speaks unto me."

Other Interests

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

The First Gleam of Dawn

 I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and who ever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this? (Jesus, John 11:25)

Live
even though you are dying.
Live
in the twilight hours
between two ages.
 
Some say
"Life is not a dress rehearsal."
But it is!
In life we can get busy living
or we can get busy dying.
Practice makes perfect.
Is it sunrise
or sunset?
Will you embrace
the coming darkness
or the coming dawn?

Die.
Let it go.
Die
to whatever keeps you from life.
Die
even as you embrace life
in the One who lives.
His words to you
will speak you through
all manner of death
into resurrection.
His breath
to fill your lungs
and his belief
to keep your heart beating.
Always.
And forever.
 
The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn,
shining ever brighter till the full light of day. (Proverbs 4:18)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment