About Me

My photo
I long to see Christ formed in me and in those around me. Spiritual formation is my passion. My training was under Dallas Willard at the Renovare Spiritual Formation Institute. One of my regular prayers is this: "This day be within and without me, lowly and meek, yet all powerful. Be in the heart of each to whom I speak, and in the mouth of each who speaks unto me."

Other Interests

Monday, October 22, 2012

A Heart that Is Free

A heart that is free
is close companion
 of a peaceful soul.

speak4justice

A free heart is one
that is not attached to its own way
of doing things,
that does not become impatient
when things don't go its way.






A free heart
will surely enjoy spiritual consolations,
but is not dependent on them
and will, to the best of its ability,
accept troubles in their stead.

A free heart
is not so tied
to a schedule or a way of praying
that any change is upsetting
and a source of anxiety.

A free heart is not attached
to what is beyond its control.

A free heart prays to God
that his name be hallowed,
that his kingdom come,
that his will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

For if the name of God is hallowed,
if his kingdom is in us,
if his will is being done,
a free spirit need not concern itself
with anything else.

(From Set Your Heart Free: The Practical Spirituality of Frances de Sales, pp.95-97)


No comments:

Post a Comment