About Me

My photo
I long to see Christ formed in me and in those around me. Spiritual formation is my passion. My training was under Dallas Willard at the Renovare Spiritual Formation Institute. One of my regular prayers is this: "This day be within and without me, lowly and meek, yet all powerful. Be in the heart of each to whom I speak, and in the mouth of each who speaks unto me."

Other Interests

Thursday, May 9, 2013

For Dallas












His last words were “Thank you.”
Let these also be my parting words to you.

Thank you for opening my eyes to God’s great kingdom,
    the pearl of great price,
    the seed that grows all of itself.
Thank you for sharing your vision of Dr. Jesus,
                      Master of all reality,
        Teacher of all time.
Thank you for showing that eternal, abundant life begins now,
       being poured out as a gift of God
       as a blessing on other’s lives.
Thank you for the hymns you sang in the hallways,
           the scriptures you quoted without thinking,
           the kindness you showed in your silence.
Thank you, God, for the gift of this life,
        quiet laughter, intense thought,
        stinging wit, gentle hands,
        unhurried feet, eyes wide open,
        devoted heart, deep soul.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment