About Me

My photo
I long to see Christ formed in me and in those around me. Spiritual formation is my passion. My training was under Dallas Willard at the Renovare Spiritual Formation Institute. One of my regular prayers is this: "This day be within and without me, lowly and meek, yet all powerful. Be in the heart of each to whom I speak, and in the mouth of each who speaks unto me."

Other Interests

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

From Dependence to Enjoyment

Idea about peace and thankfulness:

True thankfulness moves me from dependence to enjoyment of earthly things. So dependence indicates a lack of thankfulness. True enjoyment only comes when I am not dependent on earthly things.

Peace - a sense of well-being - comes from enjoyment of earthly things and dependence on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment